- Is a Credit Union Right for Me?Posted 5 days ago
- Tujurikkuja 3 Ott Sepa Klass (ENG subtitles) (Extreme Dodgeball!)Posted 5 days ago
- CrowdFunding 101 (Infographic)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Volcano Eruption in Papua New GuineaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Angry ram takes down a drone… and its ownerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Generation Z (InfographicPosted 2 weeks ago
- Job Interview Prank – November ManPosted 2 weeks ago
- Siri vs. Cortana – Mirror Mirror (Commercial)Posted 2 weeks ago
- ALS (The Ice Bucket Challenge!)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Social Media Active UsersPosted 1 month ago
10 Shocking Statistics about Children and Divorce
I’ve compiled these statistics about children and divorce for the I’ll believe it when I see it type of people who don’t accept anything as true unless it’s from a credible source or it’s been PROVEN in a convincing study.
If you are NOT one of these people, you need to read this anyway.
These days most people accept divorce as a way of life, completely unaware of the damage they are doing to their children. Tell your friends, acquaintances and co-workers to read these shocking statistics about divorce and children. It may help save a child’s life down the road. (And no, I’m not figuratively speaking either.just keep reading to find out what I mean.)
The Rising Statistics of Divorce and Children
1. Half of all American children will witness the breakup of a parent’s marriage. Of these, close to half will also see the breakup of a parent’s second marriage.
(Furstenberg, Peterson, Nord, and Zill, Life Course)
2. Among the millions of children who have seen their parents divorce, one of every 10 will also live through three or more parental marriage breakups.
(The Abolition of Marriage, Gallagher)
3. Forty percent of children growing up in America today are being raised without their fathers. (Wade, Horn and Busy, Fathers, Marriage and Welfare Reform Hudson Institute Executive Briefing, 1997)
4. Of all children born to married parents this year, fifty percent will experience the divorce of their parents before they reach their 18th birthday.
(Fagan, Fitzgerald, Rector, The Effects of Divorce On America)
The EMOTIONALLY Damaging Effect – Statistics of divorce and children
5. Studies in the early 1980’s showed that children in repeat divorces earned lower grades and their peers rated them as less pleasant to be around.
(Andrew J. Cherlin, Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage Harvard University Press 1981)
6. Teenagers in single-parent families and in blended families are three times more likely to need psychological help within a given year.
(Peter Hill Recent Advances in Selected Aspects of Adolescent Development Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 1993)
7. Compared to children from homes disrupted by death, children from divorced homes have more psychological problems.
(Robert E. Emery, Marriage, Divorce and Children’s Adjustment Sage Publications, 1988)
These statistics about children and divorce are pretty shockingaren’t they? The DEATH of a parent is LESS devastating to a child than a DIVORCE. (Even I wouldn’t believe this if I didn’t see the statistic myself.)
The PHYSICALLY Damaging Effects – Statistics of divorce and children
8. Children of divorce are at a greater risk to experience injury, asthma, headaches and speech defects than children whose parents have remained married.
(Dawson, Family Structure and Children’s Health and Well Being National Health Interview Survey on Child Health, Journal of Marriage and the Family)
9. Following divorce, children are fifty percent more likely to develop health problems than two parent families.
(Angel, Worobey, Single Motherhood and Children’s Health)
10. Children living with both biological parents are 20 to 35 percent more physically healthy than children from broken homes.
(Dawson, Family Structure and Children’s Health and Well-being Journal of Marriage and the Family)
I can’t stress how important it is to know all the facts before you get a divorce. Your child’s life is in your hands. If you’re seriously considering divorce and you haven’t attempted to save your marriage, I’ve just given you 18 reasons why it’s at least worth a try to keep your family together.
An awesome video that shows just how much this kid and his dog hang...
- Posted 1 month ago
An Older Man Steps onto the football court, you won’t believe what happens next!
now, whether or not this was choreographed, I don’t even care. This video had...
Is a Credit Union Right for Me?
A credit union is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization that usually...
Tujurikkuja 3 Ott Sepa Klass (ENG subtitles) (Extreme Dodgeball!)
Sounds Swedish to me, but the comedy is seen all...
Prescott Highside, Wear a Helmet!
This relatively raw video shows a younger guy do a...
Stopping Energy Leaks Cold
Just how important is proper home insulation? Just because a...
- Posted 1 week ago
CrowdFunding 101 (Infographic)
Normally used to help pay off extreme medical bills or...
Nude Photos? (Infographic)
Since the hacked photos of celebrities has been spread throughout...
Maru Will Take Over the World!
Cat’s have taken over the internet, and soon, they will...