- Infographics: A Whole New WorldPosted 2 days ago
- Double Your Twitter FollowersPosted 2 days ago
- Why Drink Tea Every Day?Posted 4 days ago
- The Incredible Growth of Web UsagePosted 4 days ago
- Introvert: Are you one of these?Posted 4 days ago
- Who is the Most Educated?Posted 6 days ago
- Gaming DevelopmentPosted 6 days ago
- Gamers in AmericaPosted 6 days ago
- The Future of Games in EducationPosted 6 days ago
- Critical Elements Every Website Must HavePosted 1 week ago
How Do You Know If You Have Diabetes?
Diabetes Mellitus is a major concern to most people because once you have it, it can only be controlled , not cured. A lot of research is still going on to find a cure for diabetes and the most promising find is gene therapy but this remains to be a promise yet of the future.
Dr. Josephine Carlos-Rabaca, a lady doctor from the Philippines cites the incapacitating effects of diabetes. These include blindness, stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and impotence. These result only if diabetes has been present and uncontrolled for some time. It is thus very important that diabetes be recognized early and treated correctly.
How do you know if you have diabetes? The warning signs and symptoms, according to the lady doctor, are the following :
* Frequent Thirst – This may present as dryness of the throat at the mildest. As the blood sugar goes up, the more thirsty you feel, frequent thirst as a result of water loss which is brought about by frequent urination, another sign of diabetes.
* Frequent urination – A person normally urinates four to five times in a day, one to two times or not at all during the night sleep. the important thing is to recognize more frequent urination than your usual. The frequent urination is the result of high blood sugar. The kidney can hold back about a level of 180 mg/dl sugar in the blood. If blood sugar rises above this level, then it passes the kidney and goes out of the urine, sugar attracts water with it so more urine is formed. Since urine is sweet in the diabetic, it may also attract ants to it.
* Weight Loss – Diabetes is a problem of “too much sugar in the blood” but it cannot be used by the muscles and fat cells. Thus, there is loss of muscle, loss of fat and loss of weight.
* Body Weakness Fatique – The diabetic is often tired and feels weak because there is plenty of energy source that cannot be converted to energy.
* Frequent anger, delayed wound healing, itchiness and blurring of visions are other signs to watch out for.
If you have any of this signs, see your doctor early. Some patients may not have any symptoms but may already be on the way to becoming diabetic.
Racing the World’s Most Extravagant Horses for Riches (infographic)
The world of horseracing is one of high stakes, high demands and high rewards....
- Posted 5 months ago
Social Media Security
Take a deep breath guys, you’re okay. Yes, social media...
Responsive Design Process
Here’s a good one. Take a look at a strong...
Infographics: A Whole New World
Building and creating Infographics. Finding good ways to communicate an...
Double Your Twitter Followers
Social media and internet marketing have been excellent tools for...
Why Drink Tea Every Day?
In an epic turn of events, tea… the number one...
How the World Uses Social Networks
A close look at the world and the percentage that...
The Incredible Growth of Web Usage
It’s a little crazy to think that the internet started...