- Environmental Impact of Video GamesPosted 2 days ago
- Should I Send this Email?Posted 2 days ago
- Infographics: A Whole New WorldPosted 3 days ago
- Double Your Twitter FollowersPosted 3 days ago
- Why Drink Tea Every Day?Posted 5 days ago
- The Incredible Growth of Web UsagePosted 5 days ago
- Introvert: Are you one of these?Posted 5 days ago
- Who is the Most Educated?Posted 1 week ago
- Gaming DevelopmentPosted 1 week ago
- Gamers in AmericaPosted 1 week ago
How to Install a Bathtub: Step-by-Step Breakdown
Installing a new bathtub can be a complicated process. The following is a step-by-step breakdown of the necessary procedures to accomplish this task.
The first thing that you will need to do is to remove your old tub. You should disconnect the plumbing. You should first turn off the water. This step may require you to cut into the wall if there is not an access panel. You should then disconnect the tub drain. You can detach this by loosening the slip nut with an adjustable wrench. Depending on the age of your old bathtub, you may have to disconnect the connections back at the source as well. By breaking the caulking seal, you should be able to just pull the old tub out.
To install your new tub, you need to repeat the previous steps in reverse. You can connect the old plumbing to your new tub. You should then turn on the water so that you can search for leaks and ensure that the flow of water is adequate. Then you can caulk around the edge of the new bath tub and patch any walls that need repaired.
To install a new bathtub in a room that does not have any plumbing is much more difficult. First you have to locate your cold and hot water lines. Then you will have to shut off the water. You will have to tap into both lines and run new lines to the location you have picked to set your new tub. The best way to accomplish this is to install cut off valves at the source. Next you will have to cut into your existing drain lines. Then you will have to run a new drain line to your location. Once you get this far the rest is just like installing a replacement tub. Just follow the simple steps above and you are on your way to a well deserved soak. For more ideas on bathtub installation check out www.BathtubReviews.com.